Image via Wikipedia
Seedcamp London is coming up next week, and it’s going to be a record breaker on multiple levels; We had a record number of applications, there are a record number of teams coming (22), and there will be a record number of mentors attending.
Due to the high numbers and high quality of applicants, both judging and selection were particularly challenging, driving us to admit two more teams than usual to Seedcamp London.
This is the complete list of selected teams for Seedcamp London:
- 24symbols from Madrid, Spain: One-click reading. Have instant access to eBooks on the internet with your friends for free or a fixed fee
- Archify from Vienna, Austria: helps you find everything you’ve ever seen in your browser
- Bertie & Bean from Birmingham UK: Allows parents to easily swap nearly-new clothes
- Bodymap.me from London, UK: Gives everyone the power to use their own body-measurement data to buy clothing online that fits
- Checkthis from Brussels, Belgium: is a platform that enables anyone to instantly publish and share webpages to sell an object, write an open letter, showcase a creative project, set up a quick poll or advertise a job opening.
- Ideedock from Amsterdam, The Netherlands: is a tool to organize idea contests.
- mashpan from Madrid, Spain: Can’t find your stuff? mashpan intuitively organizes your information in the cloud, regardless of its location.
- Modelo3 from Lisbon, Portugal: is an insanely easy online tax service
- Pingpanel from London, UK: Twitter for Q&A – hosted panel-based Q&A for brands to create fast dialogue with fans & customers
- Playbank from London, UK: a virtual universe where kids can play games, learn & go on adventures
- Property Detective from London, UK: A tool that gives homebuyers answers to 100+ important questions about their prospective purchase
- Pult from Tallinn, Estonia: Easiest way to connect your cloud services with TV screen. No cables. No cryptic setup.
- Sendsy.com from London, UK: is a network of international personal shoppers. Get anything from anywhere
- Shapesmith from London, UK: is an open and powerful design tool for 3D printing – in your browser
- Sitti from London, UK: a smart tool for busy professionals to help live, work and sit better
- Six3 from London, UK: video messaging with the convenience of SMS
- Snap Fashion from London, UK: a fashion-focused search engine that finds clothing online using just a photo
- StyleChi from London, UK: a social e-commerce fashion site that rewards customers for their loyalty and interaction
- TRAININGBOOK from Riga, Lativa: your virtual motivator in living active and healthy life
- Xylyx from London, UK: Automated payment processing: reducing the cost of manual payment and opening new routes to market
- Yossarian Lives! from London, UK: New knowledge creation through metaphorical search
- Zonear from Tampere, Finland: provides an easy quality assurance service for HTML5 developers
Seedcamp London will follow the standard format, with initial presentations from the teams, followed by mentoring sessions and a panel discussion. We are excited to have Rags Gupta of Brightcove
and Rob Jonas of inMobi
sharing their insights on building truly global businesses. The talk will be moderated by Juan Lobato – who is currently scaling Seedcamp company Basekit
internationally, and should therefore have some very interesting insights of his own.
Image via Wikipedia
Firstly: A Happy New Year, we hope 2012 will be a great year for you and your startups. The team here dispersed to all corners of the world for the Christmas break, now we’re back full of energy and enthusiasm for the year ahead.
As you know true entrepreneurs never rest and we’ve certainly witnessed this first hand over the Christmas break, an astonishing number of startups have already applied to our first 2012 event taking place on the 31st January. Then again, it’s not just the entrepreneurs looking forward to rolling up their sleeves: the mentors are pretty keen to get stuck in, too. We were super fortunate to have hit 100 mentors sign ups in record time with a pretty extensive waiting alongside it. Startups – these awesome mentors can’t wait to meet you! As you know our core principles are all about building an ecosystem in Europe for start-ups to be nurtured and blossom into the likes of Skype, Spotify, Tweetdeck etc. Mentors play a critical role in this process, they’re skilled, experienced, knowledgeable, networked and above all keen to help the next generation of talent succeed. Looks like we’re all set for an awesome Seedcamp London.
If you’re a startup and still dithering if all this is worth you taking time out of your hectic schedule to apply, then here are some of the people you’ll be meeting. Not often are they all to be found in one room for your benefit:
Along these names, you will find countless other mentors and representatives of our investors, advisory board, and of course the Seedcamp Team. To give the selected teams another helping hand we have a goodie bag of Founder Sponsor offers to give to all the finalists, containing freebies and discounts from the likes of Amazon, Bit.ly, Domain.me, Flowdock, Google, iStockphoto, KISSMetrics, MOO, Zendesk and many more.
We’d like to extend a huge thank you to our Event Sponsor for Seedcamp London, iStockphoto and Event Partner eOffice, their contribution is invaluable. Likewise extending our appreciation to our yearly sponsors; Microsoft BizSpark, Google and Qualcomm who make it possible for us to run all of this for Europe’s entrepreneurs.