Contrary to common believe London does not vacate during July/August: we received a record number of applications from teams all over the world to participate in Mini Seedcamp London. Quality is firmly on the rise and it was once again a mammoth and challenging task to select only 20 of the teams to join us.
Next week these 20 teams will meet over 90 of our absolute best mentors – all across the board from experienced entrepreneurs, Europe’s best VCs and most active angels, to tons of experts from all aspects of the startup business.
For our panel on: ‘From Biz Dev to M&A – working with large companies’ we will be joined by Anil Hansjee, (Ex Google M&A EMEA), Martin Ott (Moneybookers), Tom Allason (Shutle) and Glyn Britton(Albion). This will certainly make for an interesting debate, as we will dive into various war stories of how large corporates can and should (and have and shouldn’t) work together throughout the life cycle of a startup.
Below is a synopsis of the teams who’ll be rocking Mini Seedcamp London next week, hopefully you’ll agree with us – a very fine selection indeed:
- CityMapper from London, UK, builds apps that involve movement in cities, for example BusMapper
- ComodIT from Liège, Belgium, a new approach to IT operation based on a descriptive language. Enabling a simple tool, with an intuitive web UI, that solves all the day-to-day needs of your company.
- ContactUsPlus from London, UK, notifies the website when customers have not been responded to or are unhappy with the response. .
- Crowd from Paris, France, brings ubiquity to the world until we figure fully-fledged teleportation out by letting you see & share what is going on right now, anywhere.
- CubeSocial from Basingstoke, UK, is a software for time-starved professionals to win business through social media.
- Earningscast from London, UK – are socializing the earnings call and making it easy for consumers to access this media.
- EnergyBob from Munich, Germany, knows when you will be back home and will set the temperature to be at a comfort level in time for your arrival.
- Farmeron from Osijek, Croatia helps farmers across the world to manage their farming data online and to do farm performance analysis using exciting statistics.
- Fractal from London, UK, is a web based service converting any HTML into compliant email designs that render the same in all major email clients.
- GNERGY from Sofia, Bulgaria, an app which helps home owners improve the energy efficiency of their homes
- Myows.com from Singapore, a global copyright management and protection app that helps creatives generate evidence while they work.
- OpenSignalMaps from London, UK, provides accurate and independent mobile phone coverage maps
- replydone from Vienna, Austria, an intelligent prediction engine finds relevant email text from your old replies and prepares suggestions you can use as answer.
- RolePoint from London UK helps companies find the most talented candidates through their employees’ professional networks.
- SNTMNT from Amsterdam, The Netherlands, analyzing and predicting stock price movement based on online buzz.
- StorkUp from Troon, UK, creating the ultimate crowd-voted new baby list, and combining it with super-accurate price comparison.
- TransferWise from London UK is a peer-to-peer currency exchange that’s a better way to exchange currency by cutting out banks and other middlemen.
- Travelstormer from London, UK, is a collaborative travel planner for groups. It focuses is on decision-making, group itineraries and expense tracking.
- UntapTV from London, UK installs the red button on your mobile phone and rewards you for watching TV
Finally we’d like to thank our very generous event sponsor Complete Accounting Solutions. We look forward to seeing our great mentors and superstar teams next week!
If you missed Mini Seedcamp London, applications to Mini Seedcamp Prague will open shortly.
Also, please do not forget to tell your friends we are still looking for an awesome intern to join our team – It’s a great opportunity to work with Europe’s best startups, investors, and mentors!