Each year we eagerly look forward to Seedcamp Week London. It’s one of our most prestigious events in the Seedcamp calendar and this year is no exception. Currently there’s extra energy and a buzz of excitement sweeping through Seedcamp HQ! We’ve been delighted by the high standard of applicants in recent years and 2014 is no exception; applications coming from all over Europe and beyond.
It was a tough job selecting just 21 startups to make it through to Seedcamp Week, but we’re happy with the final cut and are confident this year’s group have the foundations in place for a very successful future.
Seedcamp Week London 2014 teams are as follows:
· Altergaze, London, UK – Building a Virtual Reality Ecosystem around our 3D printed smartphone based headset.
· Carbon Voyage, London, UK – Building technology to make logistics more efficient.
· Clarity, Sheffield, UK – Clarity enables users to map, analyse and query their time.
· Goodvidio, Thessaloniki, Greece / Sheffield, UK – Helping e-retailers convert more visitors by recommending the best social product videos for their store.
· Homeshift, London, UK – Homeshift is a home moving service which enables you to organise your move hassle free.
· Invoice House, London, UK – Invoice House let online retailers offer their customers to pay in interest free instalments.
· Kahla, London, UK – Kahla is a mobile app that enables people to consult with health and wellness experts.
· KOLLEKT.FM, Amsterdam, Netherlands – Listen to the best music, selected by the web and your friends.
· Make Works, Glasgow/ Edinburgh, Scotland – Connecting the design industry with the ability to manufacture work locally.
· MangoSteam, London, UK – MangoSteam’s Syncronome smart calendar uses Geolocation data to take the hassle out of time management.
· MatrixVision, London, UK – Compliance-as-a-Service tools and Bitcoin analytics to manage anti-money laundering responsibilities with no development required.
· Medefer, London, UK – Medefer improves patient safety and reduces unnecessary hospital referrals by providing telemedicine consultant advice.
· Mougli, London, UK – Mougli is an online appointment platform that makes local booking simple
· MRPEasy, Tallinn, Estonia – SaaS platform, providing an easy and affordable production planning for manufacturing companies.
· Newsfixed, London, UK – Online commissioning and workflow platform for media and analysis talent in hard to cover places.
· Shoprocket, London, UK – Feature rich eCommerce that integrates seamlessly into any application with a single line of code.
· Storygami, London, UK – Storygami makes online videos smarter by adding layers of context to videos.
· Swipes, Aarhus, Denmark – World’s first intelligent productivity coach combined with a powerful task manager.
· TrackMeo, London, UK – An easy-to-use mobile application that helps people with cardiovascular disease live longer and healthier lives.
· Wriggle, Bristol, UK – A mobile-app that connects users with unsold spaces at local businesses at the last-minute.
· Zen Assets, London, UK – Zen Assets. Changing the way people invest.
We’re also thrilled to have Innocent Smoothie founder Richard Reed and Just Eat CMO Mat Braddy join us to lead masterclasses for our startups. Richard is well-known for his key role in the incredible Innocent Smoothie success story, but his more-recent involvement as a founder-turned-investor is the topic he’ll be expanding on. Mat too played a crucial role in his company’s success, taking Just Eat all the way to IPO (the first company to list on the LSE’s High Growth Segment); he’ll be sharing key learnings across growth and marketing.
Indeed, we’re thrilled to welcome all our high calibre mentors, some of whom have travelled from as far afield as Russia, Singapore and the US to be here. They’ll be working with our startups all week, providing sought-after feedback and sharing their invaluable knowledge.
A big thank-you goes out to our yearly sponsor Amazon Web Services who will be hosting one of our mentor days at their shiny new office, followed by a party with panoramic views of London! We’re also proud to host the very first event at Runway East, a brand new workspace in the centre of Old Street; sponsored by another of our wonderful partners, Silicon Valley Bank.
If you’re a startup and you missed out on Seedcamp London, applications will open very soon for Seedcamp Week Berlin. Stay tuned for more information!