Last week we invited 22 teams from 14 countries to join us for our first Seedcamp Week Berlin of the year. There was a mix of familiar and new faces in this group of 22 – we had already met eight of the selected teams through local office hours or Mini Seedcamp Events across Europe, while others we met for the first time last week following their application directly to Seedcamp Week Berlin.
We started the week off at Microsoft Ventures Berlin office for our version of the pre-event huddle, SeedPrep. This is when we meet the teams and help them gear up for the days ahead. Later in the week we then hopped slightly further down the stunning Unter den Linden street to BDMI’s office for the biggest event of the week, mentoring day.
The 22 teams did us proud the morning of mentoring day, delivering sharp, clear and energetic 3-minute presentations. After a lot of networking over lunch, the mentors formed groups and got down to business sharing their advice, network and knowledge with the founders. With over 100 of our fantastic mentors coming together in one room, this is a lot of brainpower for any startup to tap into. Unsurprisingly the startups looked exhausted by the end of the day, but the fun wasn’t over yet! Luckily the rain stopped and we headed over to The Factory for a perfect finish to the day: a BBQ. Over burgers and beers the teams met more of the German start-up scene and celebrated a week of hard work done.
After three days of action in Berlin, we’re very proud to welcome the following 7 teams who have joined the Seedcamp Family:
- BridgeU, London, UK – helps globally mobile students get into the best universities for them!
- DoxOut, Skopje, Macedonia – Collaborate on Word documents with external teams without the headache.
- FabAllThings, Dublin, Ireland – is an interactive design brand for cool, new customizable products.
- farmhopping, Sofia, Bulgaria – we are building www.etsy.com for sustainable farms with the feature of group buying.
- Gaming Live, Warsaw, Poland – Live-streaming platform for the video game industry and eSports.
- Oradian, Zagreb, Croatia – Financial inclusion ecosystem delivering disruptive solutions to radically improve financial services in frontier markets.
- Reedsy, Nottingham, UK – Changing the Way Authors Self-Publish
Seedcamp is truly pan European, having already invested in companies from 36 different countries. And we now welcome our first startups from Ireland and Macedonia to the family. Make sure to check out all seven startups and awesome products and services they’re building.
For the founders out there who want their startup to be the next to join the Seedcamp family, applications will open shortly to Seedcamp Week London taking place the second week of September. If you want to be notified once applications are open, make sure to leave us your details here. You can also apply directly via f6s or AngelList for our upcoming Mini Seedcamps in Rome and Hvar.