What is Seedcamp?
Seedcamp is an early-stage micro seed investment fund and mentoring programme. We make our investment decisions in companies throughout the year. You’ll often hear these companies referred to as the winners of a Seedcamp event.
We believe Europe has all the right ingredients – environment, talent, capital and role models – to build world beating technology businesses, but it’s hard for young entrepreneurs to develop the right connections, gain validation, build teams and raise seed capital to supercharge their businesses.
This is where we come in.
Why was Seedcamp started?
Seedcamp was created to jumpstart the entrepreneurial community in Europe by connecting next generation developers and entrepreneurs with over over 2000 mentors from a top-tier network of company builders; including seed investors, serial entrepreneurs, product experts, HR and PR specialists, marketers, lawyers, recruiters, journalists and venture capitalists.
How can I engage with Seedcamp?
Across our many global Seedcamps spread throughout the year and 4 week-long forums (Seedcamp Week) that take place 2x in London and 2x in Berlin in any given year. During these weeks we bring together EMEA’s top young founders with a world-class network of mentors in one place.
This not only provides access to seed funding but also, more importantly, will expose startups to the collective experience of people who can inspire the next generation of technology entrepreneurs and help them shape their businesses. Out of these day-long and week-long events, the door to mentorship is opened. The companies then continue to build those relationships over the months and years ahead.
What is the Seedcamp Investment?
For the winning companies of any event where we choose to make an investment, there are 3 options:
- €50,000 for 8-10% per cent of the company
- €25,000 for 5% per cent of the company
- No funding for 3% of Ordinary Shares
What do I get apart from the investment?
We know that not all companies are up to speed with various aspects of running a company, so following investment, a new Seedcamp company is included into our intensive year-long program of events focusing on all the aspects of company’s development.
Our ongoing programme includes:
- Seedcamp Academy: On a monthly basis (more often if you’re in London), we bring all current Seedcamp companies together to cover various aspects of a company’s development including topics such as sales, financing, product development, and human resources. We’ve had many notable speakers come and lead these talks.
- Our USA trip, held 2x annually, usually in March and October, where invested Seedcamp companies spend an intense 3-4 weeks on a trip to New York, Boston, Austin, San Francisco, and Silicon Valley where we have; many company meetings (including the likes of Google, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and others in the billion dollar platforms group) mentoring days throughout all the cities we visit and meetings with potential investors (the who’s who of US investors from Sand Hill Road and San Francisco, to NYC and Boston).
- Our mentor network forum, Seedcamp Week, where companies receive mentoring from investors, corporates, product engineers, human resources specialists, and legal specialists.
- Our Investor Day, where we bring together our top investors to see how our companies are doing and to have a chance to speak with them 1:1.
- Our Founders pack with a value of more than €200,000 of free or reduced rate services for our companies. This is a generous offer by the Seedcamp Sponsors and Partners that support us and the Seedcamp companies throughout the year.
Plus – a team of dedicated people helping to build your business
Lastly, there is the personal time that the Seedcamp team commits to the companies, especially during the first 12 months following our investment, to help develop the business, meet the right people, or just as a friendly ear to bounce off ideas.