We’re excited to announce our investment in the following startups who attended Seedcamp Week London. They’ll be joining the Seedcamp family as of next week – congratulations, guys!
It means we’ve now invested in over 150 startups since 2007. We couldn’t be more thrilled. We’ve watched the European startup ecosystem grow over the last few years and it’s been incredibly exciting to see the quality of Seedcamp Week applications improve year after year. A big part of it is due to our amazing network of investors and mentors who give their time helping companies from around Europe, so we’d like to extend a big “thank you” to them!
Introducing Seedcamp’s newest startups
- Car Quids (London, UK) – Connecting brands with unique, targeted outdoor advertising spaces.
- Clowdy (Manchester, UK) – A platform that gives creatives an identity to start their career and the network to grow.
- Data Smoothie (London, UK) – A software platform that revolutionises how data scientists analyse data and share results.
- HOKO (Lisbon, Portugal & London, UK) – A deep-linking platform for mobile apps, allowing apps to connect smoothly.
- JOBDOH (Hong Kong) – A quick location based booking platform to get quality temporary workers for hospitality and exhibitions.
- MagicTab (London, UK) – A tabletop smart-menu that makes food look beautiful (and takes orders and payments automatically too).
- Opinion (Stockholm, Sweden) – The world’s first mobile podcasting studio.
- Queueco (London, UK) – An algorithmic market maker providing liquidity to digital currencies on a global scale.
- Revolut (London, UK) – Allows you to exchange currencies at interbank rates, send them through social networks, and spend with multi-currency card.
Since launching our new fund we’ve been actively making seed investments as well. We were thrilled they could join us and are pleased to officially announce they’ve also joined the Seedcamp family:
- MarcoPolo (New York, USA) – A 21st century edutainment brand focused on sparking curiosity in young children about the wonders of the natural world.
Finally, you may remember this startup as one of the teams that joined us at Seedcamp Week Berlin in December. Well, we’ve been keeping it quiet, but we’re also finally able to share the exciting news that Gamewheel did indeed join us and has been working in stealth for the last few months:
- Gamewheel (Berlin, Germany) – A technology platform that allows brands and agencies to create and launch compelling games that range from classic 2D games to blended reality games, with just a few clicks.
We’re incredibly excited to welcome the new startups to Seedcamp HQ and help them grow into the billion-dollar global companies they can be.
If you run a disruptive startup with global ambitions, we want to hear from you! View our events page to apply to the next Seedcamp Week or meet with the Seedcamp team in advance. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter for the latest news. Best of luck!