Do you want to work at Seedcamp? We are looking for interns to join our team for spring and summer!
We are looking for a self-starting full time intern who can tackle some of our internal projects and assist the Seedcamp team with operations. The intern will work very closely with the whole Seedcamp team and portfolio companies, on a number of interesting projects and events.
We believe the contacts and experience you’ll gain here will be instrumental in starting your own company, getting into venture capital, or staying with us longer term. This is also a unique opportunity for a more experienced person to break into the European and London startup scene – a great basis to start a new company from or join one of our portfolio companies.
The position is full time, paid, and during the duration of the internship, you will be based at our new office at CampusLondon in Shoreditch.
We want to find a candidate to start as soon as possible and are expecting you to stay with us for at least 4 months.
- Literate in web technologies and social media – a web native.
- Passionate about disruptive start-ups, entrepreneurship, and internet technology – a startup enthusiast.
- Happy to work on various tasks and projects with different people – an excellent multitasker.
- Experienced in new jobs, projects, and tasks in unstructured environments – an entrepreneurial nature.
- Fun to work with and excited to meet new people – personable and charismatic.
- Looking forward to roll up your sleeves and work in a fast paced environment – a self starter.
- London-based or able to move here for the duration of the internship.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Update & maintain content on our website, blog, and other outlets.
- Maintain CRM and other systems that we use for our daily work.
- Enable the organisation to run smoothly and efficiently by assisting in various tasks and projects.
- Update and maintain the systems we use – our website, CRM, blog, and social media.
- Develop, or find & implement new services and applications to improve work and communications for our team and portfolio.
- Assist in the organization and day-to-day activities of Seedcamp events (Seedcamp Days and portfolio focused events)
- Help run special initiatives and prepare for Seedcamp Week 2012.
Skills we are looking for:
- Native or near native English language skills, preferably with writing and blogging experience.
- Web and computer skills that enable you to update and maintain our systems and website (Office, WordPress, basic HTML and CSS)
- The demonstrated ability to work in a team setting and professional environment
What will set you apart:
- Knowledge in design, development, and programming of web sites, or web/mobile applications (current systems are mostly PHP/Ruby).
- Experience as a startup founder or early member of a startup, a large university project, or similar organisation.
- Experience in organising and running successful events of any scale.
- Great connections to your local or even global startup scene.
Seedcamp is Europe’s premier seed stage investment and mentoring program, engaging ambitious startups through its program of monthly Seedcamp events in over 10 cities annually from New York to Tel Aviv. At each Seedcamp, entrepreneurs present their companies, receive world-class mentoring, network and compete for investment by Seedcamp which entitles companies to access to Seedcamp’s worldwide network of over 2,000 mentors and top-tier investors as well as participation in Seedcamp’s unique week of intensive mentoring in London and once in a lifetime month long US road trip taking in NYC, Boston, Seattle, LA, the Bay Area and SxSW.
Seedcamp has invested in companies including Moblix, Erply, Transferwise, GradCad (Estonia), Zemanta (Slovenia), Basekit (UK), Ubervu & Brainient (Romania), Vox.io and Farmeron (Croatia). Seedcamp is backed by some Europe’s top VCs & angels and works closely with Amazon, Google, Facebook, PayPal, Microsoft and Qualcomm among others to give founders the best start in life – outside Silicon Valley. Overall, Seedcamp invested in more than 60 companies this way. The standard investment is 50,000 Euros in return for a 8-10 percent stake in the business. Seedcamp is backed by more than 30 of the best European tech investors, including Index Ventures, Eden Ventures, Doughty Hanson Technology Ventures, and many of Europe’s most active angel investors.