This was the penultimate chance for teams to secure their place for Seedcamp Week September and applications flowed in from an impressive 34 different countries!
It’s always a challenging task, filtering through all the great ideas, talented teams and hugely awesome applications to select only twenty. The breadth of ideas and the diversity of teams was great, and especially the more and more polished products and well targeted markets were an outstanding characteristic for many of the applying teams. Here are the 20 teams that will be joining us in Ljubljana next week:
- 360Cities – from Prague, Czech Republic, helps people document and share the whole world using 360º photography.
- Ademptio – from Split, Croatia is Dreamweaver in your browser (or mobile) it lets you quickly connect to your web servers and files and edit or create them instantly.
- blossom – from Vienna, Austria painless project management for lean teams
- DietPoint – from Ljubljana, is a personal weight loss buddy, similar to having a nutritionist and friends in your pocket all the time to help you achieve your weight loss goals.
- Entrio – from Zagreb, Croatia targets organizers of small events, it provides a platform for mobile ticket sales that brings more visitors and makes organizers more cost efficient.
- Farmeron – from Osijek, Croatia, helps farmers across the world to manage their farming data online and to perform farm performance analysis using exciting statistics.
- finderly – from Vienna, Austria, helps consumers find the right product with individual crowd sourced recommendations.
- groupM8 – from Perth, Australia, is a complete online bookings and availability management solution for activity providers.
- Joinbox – from Bern, Switzerland, means only one login, one website and one inbox for all your social networks, emails and online news sources.
- Kumutu – from London, UK aggregates adventure providers globally, providing a cloud based platform to promote and sell their activities on Kumutu.com and partner websites.
- Labels.io – from Bucharest, Romania a social recruiting platform where your professional profile is matched in real time with jobs requiring your skills and background.
- Mediatoolkit – from Zagreb, Croatia analyzes websites and blogs using Shares and Tweets to predict which article will be popular in the future
- NewsCurve – from Belgrade, Serbia a real-time analytics tool providing content metrics that help publishers and online media grow their audience.
- Omnispot – from Ljubljana, Slovenia enables you to build your own location based service and monetize it.
- Oust.me – from Ljubljana, Slovenia is a gaming layer across geo-location services such as Foursquare, Gowalla and Facebook Places, turning locations into territories and allowing you to play strategic games with your friends.
- PlaceChallange – from Warsaw, Poland is a location based game with challenges, fun, engaging and building positive relationships round cities and city halls.
- Railsonfire – from Vienna, Austria is a cloud based continuous integration service for ruby on rails applications which are hosted on GitHub.
- Sitecake – from Novi Sad, Serbia a drag and drop CMS for people who don’t want to learn WordPress.
- Slidemotion – from Ljubljana, Slovenia is an automated web service that makes high-end video production super easy.
- Sportlyzer – from Tartu, Estonia is a virtual coach, it’s a training planner that gives personalized physical activity advice through web and (soon) mobile.
These great teams will participate in Fred Destin’s masterclass and be mentored by over 65 incredible mentors.
Finally we’d like to in advance thank our event sponsors, DLabs, RSG, Business Angels of Slovenia, Netokracija, ISKRATEL, Vox.io and Zemanta, who have all gone to tremendous effort in preparing everything it takes to make Mini Seedcamp Ljubljana possible! IBM has kindly offered their support by letting us use their brand new office space, which looks incredible. We’re positive that Lubljana is going to rock next week!
If you missed out applying to Ljubljana applications are now open for Mini Seedcamp London.
- Going East again – Seedcamp Ljubljana (seedcamp.com)
- Mini Seedcamp Ljubljana coming closer (seedcamp.com)