As we are gearing up for New York, we are time and time again impressed by the great mentors in our network. Seedcamp is a great opportunity for entrepreneurs to speak to people they would otherwise not be able to meet, and we are working hard to get the right people on board.
|The view from Google’s NY offices|
The most consistent feedback we get from companies after the Mini Seedcamp events revolves around the number of great people the teams get to meet and interact with during the day. At each event, about 60 to 80 of our more than 1,000 mentors from around the world are present to see the companies pitch and to give them feedback and advice on their businesses.
Our goal is to not have them pitch their products duringthe mentoring sessions, instead we aim to get everybody to open up about their biggest issues in the business enabling the experienced mentors to contribute in finding a solution. The outcomes are great, and we repeatedly hear praise about this structure – both from teams and mentors, who immensely enjoy the discussions.
To give you a little sneak peek of who is coming to ourNew York City event on June 14, here is a selection of the mentors that are coming.
Some of our own “graduated” portfolio, and New York’s great entrepreneurs:
- Kris Hiiema from ERPLY
- Bostjan Spetic from Zemanta
- Dennis Crowley from Foursquare
- Andrew Cohen from bit.ly
- Jonathan Klein from Getty Images
- Evan Nisselson from ldv labs
- Josh Abramson from College Humor
- Henrik Werdelin from Prehype
Some of the leading investors on the East and West Coast:
- Sim Blaustein from Highline Venture Partners
- Mike Brown from AOL Ventures
- Fred Destin from Atlas Ventures
- Brad Gillespie from IA Ventures
- Victoria Song from Flybridge
- Andy Weissman from Betaworks
- Fred Wilson from Union Square Ventures
- Jos White from Notion Capital
- Kal Verpuri from the Trisiras Group
- Alex Zubillaga from Rhone Group
We are also bringing top mentors from Europe with us:
- Pawel Chudzinski from Team Europe Ventures
- Rosemary Forsyth from the Forsyth Group
- Herman Hintzen and Coen van Duiven from Henq Invest
- Saul Klein from Index Ventures (and Seedcamp founder)
- Robin Klein from TAG and Index Seed
- Ben Tompkins from Eden Ventures
- Permjot Valia from Help With Sales
other mentors include experts from some of the best tech companies:
- Kyle Baker and Nosh Petigara from 10gen/MongoDB
- Ien Cheng from Bloomberg
- Alexis Giles, Daniel Clemens, and Katie Stratton from Google
- David Shing from AOL
- Jack Sinclair from Return Path
Are you building a supercool new web service that makes life easier? Are downloads for your mobile app going through the roof? Are developers chasing you to use your cool new tools? That’s a pretty good signyou should apply to Seedcamp New York to meet all these great people – to connect, get feedback, and attract investment.
Find out more about our process and see what our new portfolio companies are up to. Mini Seedcamp New York is coming up on June 14, and the deadline for applications is on the 24th of May – two weeks left to get your application in!