After our whistle-stop tour of the startup ecosystem on the East coast of the US, the teams flew West for seven more action-packed days including two more mentoring days in Mountain View at Google and in San Francisco at Microsoft.
For the third, and final, leg of the trip we were in San Francisco and Silicon Valley where the teams visited great startups such as Airbnb, AngelList, Dropbox, SoundCloud, Square, Stripe and Twitter along with more established companies such as Amazon A9.com, Facebook, Google, IDEO, Microsoft and Paypal.
There was also plenty of pitching to be done, with the teams presenting their companies to great investors including 500 Startups, AME Cloud Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, Felicis Ventures, Greylock Partners, Index Ventures, Morado Venture Partners, NEA, OATV, SoftTechVC and Valar Ventures.
After seven days in California the official part of the Seedcamp US trip came to an end, with teams returning to London, staying in the US to follow up with people they met or traveling to Austin for SXSW Interactive.
Take a look at the daily recaps of the third part of the trip, in San Francisco and Silicon Valley:
- Day 6: Visits to Runway, Valar Ventures, Stripe and IncubaUC
- Day 7: Visits to Andreessen Horowitz, Felicis Ventures, IDEO and Paypal
- Day 8: Mentoring day in Mountain View at Google
- Day 9: Visits to Twitter, AngelList, A9.com and 500 Startups
- Day 10: Pitching wiht SoftTechVC, Morado Venture Partners, AME Cloud Ventures, Greylock, NEA and visits to Facebook and SoundCloud
- Day 11: Mentoring day in San Francisco at Microsoft and visits to OATV and Index Ventures
- Day 12: Visits to Airbnb, Dropbox and Square
Also check out our previous two blog posts, recapping the trip in New York and Boston: