Last week startups, entrepreneurs, investors and the greater tech community joined us in Berlin for the final Seedcamp Week of the year. 2013 was a big year already for us and with Seedcamp Week Berlin marking the fourth and the last big event for Seedcamp following two US trips and 15 Mini Seedcamps all across Europe. We travelled Europe and the US, meeting exciting teams, all-star entrepreneurs, some of the world’s most renowned investors and local tech communities.
And what a great way to end the year! Seedcamp Week Berlin was a great success, with 19 teams from all over Europe participating in the year’s final opportunity to join the Seedcamp family. The teams descended on Berlin from all corners of Europe, with Lisbon, Moscow, Trento and Riga all represented.
With generous support from Microsoft and their Microsoft Ventures Accelerator, including use of their brand new event space at Unter den Linden in centre of Berlin and a mixer with their Ventures crew, the 19 teams had the opportunity to share their visions with the greater tech community and had the opportunity to meet some rockstar mentors from all over Europe. Each day kicked off with 3 minute pitches by the teams to an audience full of some of the most active and experienced in the tech community.
Following the pitches, we had some amazing speakers with us. On Wednesday, Seedcamp alum Lukas Fittl shared both inspirational and educational lessons he learned from building startups and gave a very insightful presentation applying his learnings. Eze Vidra, Head of Google for Entrepreneurs in Europe, followed with a talk on tech ecosystem creation and proliferation, reminding us all of the importance of building bridges across tech communities. On Thursday, Marco Boerries, Founder of NumberFour, joined us at the inspiring venue Lehrter17 for a fireside chat moderated by Nicolas Gabrysch from Osborne Clarke. Reflecting on his decades of experience as a leader and innovator in the tech industry, Marco shared candid insights and learnings from his career, ranging from fundraising to life-work balance to sources of inspiration.
We’re excited to announce the new teams to join Seedcamp following Seedcamp Week Berlin. Seven teams spanning fintech to email optimisation to content creation will be joining the Seedcamp program.
- Buzztale, Riga, Latvia – BuzzTale enables anyone to create rich, visual real-time stories.
- Cashtag, Lisbon, Portugal – cashtag is a cloud-based mobile payment network.
- myTips, Kiev, Ukraine – Interactive on-screen tutorials without coding
- Popcorn Metrics, Lisbon, Portugal – Makes it super fast and super easy to integrate advanced web analytics, without code
- Satago, London, UK – Technology to help businesses get paid on time.
- SquadMail, Berlin, Germany – SquadMail is like “Dropbox for Email”. Our shared email folders let teams collaborate over email.
- Zercatto, Porto, Portugal – Zercatto allows investors to follow the best in the financial markets, and profit like them.