From Reshma’s email to all Seedcamp Week Finalists:
I am really looking forward to welcoming the most diverse group of teams and mentors ever for Seedcamp Week on Monday! Having done this 3 years, I thought a few words of advice might benefit everyone. Since all teams have been through a Mini Seedcamp, you know what to expect, mostly. Here are some thoughts:
1) It is an intense, emotional, exhausting, exhilarating week… take all those high and lows in stride and with a grain of salt. Breathe…
2) You will learn something from everyone you meet next week to varying degrees – the way to get the most out of it is to quickly figure out the area of expertise of the person and how it can be helpful to you.
3) You’ll get conflicting advice and different viewpoints all within 1 mentor group or 1 day. It’s your company and you are the leaders of it… so treat it as feedback and please don’t be defensive – be engaging!
4) Get to know each other. You’ll often find you learn even more from each other and that you are each other’s best colleagues as fellow entrepreneurs.
5) Have your 1 minute, 2 minute, 5 minute pitch internalized. Have a demo on an iPhone, on your laptop, whatever device you carry. Ultimately, people are most keen to see what the product is and then they are usually better able to help.
6) You will not meet every superstar mentor. We’ve done our best to match mentors to teams. So, use the coffees, lunches, and cocktails to meet those you aren’t able to see in the mentoring sessions.
7) Be open, conversant, and curious. That’s probably the best way to maximize the week.
Thanks and see you all next week!