Seedcamp London is coming up next week, and it’s going to be a record breaker on multiple levels; We had a record number of applications, there are a record number of teams coming (22), and there will be a record number of mentors attending.
Due to the high numbers and high quality of applicants, both judging and selection were particularly challenging, driving us to admit two more teams than usual to Seedcamp London.
This is the complete list of selected teams for Seedcamp London:
- 24symbols from Madrid, Spain: One-click reading. Have instant access to eBooks on the internet with your friends for free or a fixed fee
- Archify from Vienna, Austria: helps you find everything you’ve ever seen in your browser
- Bertie & Bean from Birmingham UK: Allows parents to easily swap nearly-new clothes
- Bodymap.me from London, UK: Gives everyone the power to use their own body-measurement data to buy clothing online that fits
- Checkthis from Brussels, Belgium: is a platform that enables anyone to instantly publish and share webpages to sell an object, write an open letter, showcase a creative project, set up a quick poll or advertise a job opening.
- Ideedock from Amsterdam, The Netherlands: is a tool to organize idea contests.
- mashpan from Madrid, Spain: Can’t find your stuff? mashpan intuitively organizes your information in the cloud, regardless of its location.
- Modelo3 from Lisbon, Portugal: is an insanely easy online tax service
- Pingpanel from London, UK: Twitter for Q&A – hosted panel-based Q&A for brands to create fast dialogue with fans & customers
- Playbank from London, UK: a virtual universe where kids can play games, learn & go on adventures
- Property Detective from London, UK: A tool that gives homebuyers answers to 100+ important questions about their prospective purchase
- Pult from Tallinn, Estonia: Easiest way to connect your cloud services with TV screen. No cables. No cryptic setup.
- Sendsy.com from London, UK: is a network of international personal shoppers. Get anything from anywhere
- Shapesmith from London, UK: is an open and powerful design tool for 3D printing – in your browser
- Sitti from London, UK: a smart tool for busy professionals to help live, work and sit better
- Six3 from London, UK: video messaging with the convenience of SMS
- Snap Fashion from London, UK: a fashion-focused search engine that finds clothing online using just a photo
- StyleChi from London, UK: a social e-commerce fashion site that rewards customers for their loyalty and interaction
- TRAININGBOOK from Riga, Lativa: your virtual motivator in living active and healthy life
- Xylyx from London, UK: Automated payment processing: reducing the cost of manual payment and opening new routes to market
- Yossarian Lives! from London, UK: New knowledge creation through metaphorical search
- Zonear from Tampere, Finland: provides an easy quality assurance service for HTML5 developers
Seedcamp London will follow the standard format, with initial presentations from the teams, followed by mentoring sessions and a panel discussion. We are excited to have Rags Gupta of Brightcove and Rob Jonas of inMobi sharing their insights on building truly global businesses. The talk will be moderated by Juan Lobato – who is currently scaling Seedcamp company Basekit internationally, and should therefore have some very interesting insights of his own.
We’d like to thank our yearly sponsors Bizspark, Qualcomm, and Google, and we’d like to extend a special thank you to our Event Sponsors, iStockphoto for their support and TalkTalk and eOffice for hosting us on January 31.