After our massive Seedcamp Week in London in September (11 new teams joined Seedcamp back then), we’re gearing up for the last big Seedcamp event in 2013. Not just for us, also for our teams and mentors it was an incredible year. We’ve seen many of the Seedcamp companies blossom and grow, with new rounds being raised, products launched, and people hired.
Seedcamp Berlin is taking place in Berlin this week, with some great support from the Microsoft Ventures team. Not only are we housing our investment interviews and prep day at Microsoft Berlin, we’re also holding the big Seedcamp Product Mentoring Day at the new Microsoft Berlin office in the middle of the city.
We have 19 exciting teams from all over Europe – literally from Lisbon to Moscow, and from Riga to Trento, in attendance. Also on the product and industry side we see exciting new things to talk about, from Bitcoin to charity payments, new email services and ways to understand web analytics.
- Buzztale, Riga, Latvia – BuzzTale enables anyone to create rich, visual real-time stories.
- Cashtag, Lisbon, Portugal – cashtag is a cloud-based mobile payment network.
- Coinative, Lincoln, UK – Coinative is the gateway to bitcoin.
- ContaKeeper, Vienna, Austria – Free Accounting Services with a social touch, designed for small entrepreneurs by small entrepreneurs.
- Copilot, Madrid, Spain – Flooded inbox? Copilot gives you back control and puts your focus on what counts.
- Makerble, London, UK – Makerble is your personal shopper for monthly projects changing the world that report their progress.
- MediCard, Moscow, Russia – MediCard is a service for patient recruitment for clinical trials.
- Memeoirs, Trento, Italy – Turn your online conversations into a real book with Memeoirs.
- myTips, Kiev, Ukraine – Interactive on-screen tutorials without coding
- Pangea, San Francisco, USA – Pangea will provide worldwide internet connectivity, without data or Wi-Fi
- PAYMEY, Berlin, Germany – PAYMEY is innovative payment for your smartphone. A secure solution enabling to pay online/ offline.
- Popcorn Metrics, Lisbon, Portugal – Web Analytics made easy for Business people. No code changes required.
- ProConfirm, London, UK – ProConfirm provides simple online bank confirmations for UK auditors.
- Satago, London, UK – Technology to help businesses get paid on time.
- sight.io, Lausanne, Switzerland – Get your photos organized and tell stories with them in a tiny fraction of time.
- SquadMail, Berlin, Germany – SquadMail is like “Dropbox for Email”. Our shared email folders let teams collaborate over email.
- Tran.sl, Berlin, Germany – People-powered translation.
- UnPay, Berlin, Germany – UnPay rewards your online activities with free and legal access to paid digital content.
- Zercatto, Porto, Portugal – Zercatto allows investors to follow the best in the financial markets, and profit like them.
We’d like to thank all the mentors and investors joining us over the next couple of days, sharing their knowledge and expertise with the startups. We’re also grateful to European Bank for Reconstruction and Development for sponsoring this event and of course not to forget our yearly sponsors who have provided us with endless support throughout the entire year; Google, Microsoft BizSpark, Qualcomm Ventures, Paypal, Barclays and Nokia.
Be sure to follow our blog, Twitter and Facebook accounts to follow the event on the day!