In the ‘Seedcamp Podcast Series’ we talk with key people in the tech startup industry to hear their stories and gleam key advice and learnings from their experiences.
During our US Trip we had a chance to chat with Heidi Roizen of DFJ to hear her story, what she looks for in founders, and how to manage key stages in a company’s life.
Heidi Roizen is the operating partner at DFJ. She has spent her life immersed in the Silicon Valley ecosystem as an entrepreneur, corporate executive, venture capitalist, educator, and member of the boards of directors of private and public companies, trade associations and nonprofit institutions.
After receiving her undergraduate and MBA degrees from Stanford University, Heidi co-founded T/Maker Company (an early personal computer software company) in 1983, where she served as CEO from inception through its acquisition by Deluxe Corporation in 1994. In 1996, Heidi joined Apple as vice president of worldwide developer relations. From there, Heidi entered the venture capital world, serving as a managing director of Mobius Venture Capital from 1999 to 2007.
Heidi is also a Fenwick and West Entrepreneurship Educator in the Department of Engineering at Stanford University, where she teaches the course Spirit of Entrepreneurship. Heidi is a member of the boards of directors DMGT (LSE:DMGT), ShareThis, and Technorati, and serves on the advisory boards of Springboard Enterprises and the National Center for Women in Information Technology.
If the above player doesn’t work for you, you can also listen directly from our Soundcloud page.
Listen to similar episodes like this:
- Catch up on episode 1 – Reshma & Carlos Take On: What We Look For In Founders
- Catch up on episode 12 – Seedcamp Podcast Series: Lucas Nelson of Gotham Ventures
- Catch up on episode 13 – Seedcamp Podcast Series: Andrew & James of Valar Ventures
- Catch up on episode 14 – Seedcamp Podcast Series: Spencer Lazar of General Catalyst
- Catch up on episode 15 – Seedcamp Podcast Series: Michael J Skok, Serial Entrepreneur and Investor
Subscribe on iTunes or by pointing your podcast player to the link below…