We’re hiring an Associate!
👋 About us
We’re Seedcamp and we believe strongly that European entrepreneurs have the power to compete on a global scale. We invest early – at pre-seed and seed – in world-class founders attacking large, global markets and solving real problems using technology.
We’ve been at it for 15 years and over that time have invested in over 400+ breakout businesses out to change the way we live, work, and interact. We provide our companies with the best possible infrastructure to help them grow, and it works. We’ve been the first investors in some of Europe’s most iconic businesses who have gone on to collectively amass over $100bn in enterprise value – including seven unicorns: Wise, Revolut, UiPath, wefox, Pleo, Hopin and Sorare. Our funds have consistently delivered best-in-class returns and we’re firmly on track to return Europe’s best performing fund ever.
We’re a small core team of 16 with expertise across everything from investment, brand building and talent to fund administration, finance/accounting and legals. Our founders, Limited Partners, mentors, Experts in Residence, Venture Partners and core team all make up the Seedcamp Nation, a powerful and fully functioning support network, micro-economy and peer-to-peer learning platform. You can even see the deck we used to raise our latest fund here.
We’re now looking for an exceptional person to join our team to help us find and keep investing in the best early-stage startups across Europe.
🎯 About the role
This is a unique opportunity to join our Investment Team of six as we invest in and support the next generation of world-class entrepreneurial talent. By joining us, you’ll be able to expect some of the following:
- Identifying and assessing new investment opportunities whilst forming relationships with the most talented entrepreneurs all over Europe.
- Having an unrivalled level of autonomy and responsibility in the end-to-end process of investing in early-stage ventures – from sourcing and championing deals internally, to closing and closely supporting companies post-investment.
- Immersing yourself in sectors or technologies of interest to you and becoming the internal subject matter expert in the areas you are passionate about. Your opinions will carry significant weight in our investment decisions.
- Liaising directly with our extended network of founders and experts (Experts in Residence, Venture Partners, Mentors) to make impactful connections. We also encourage and expect you to build your own network within the early stage tech community – from founders and operators to angels and other VCs – and to leverage that network to provide an unfair advantage to the founders we back.
- Gaining on-the-job experience as well as more structured learning across all facets of the firm. We pride ourselves on having an extremely high-performing team where you can build a real career in venture and we have a track record of promoting our best people up through the ranks.
🚀 About you
The best talent can come from all walks of life meaning that we’re not looking for any specific background or experience. We have a 50/50 gender split with a strong belief in the importance of hiring diverse teams and have roots from all over the world: India, Honduras, Bolivia, Portugal, Iran, Switzerland and South Africa. Whilst we’re expecting to speak with a wide range of diverse candidates, we’ll ultimately be looking for someone who can demonstrate they have a mix of the following traits:
- You have 2-3+ years of commercial experience in a field that reflects your genuine interest for technology – this could include (but is not limited to) founder/product/operational roles in fast-growing startups, previous VC or PE experience, M&A or strategy consulting.
- Perhaps you’ve built a product/company or led on a tech-related side hustle you’re able to tell us about. We’re far more interested in demonstrable intellectual curiosity and a genuine passion for the world of technology than we are in top university degrees.
- You’re a self-starter who thrives in navigating uncertain, fast-paced environments. There is often no single right answer in the work you’ll be doing and you’ll have to get comfortable making quick decisions with limited information and with little direction.
- You’re an independent, highly analytical thinker. You like to form your own views by digging deeper to understand things beyond the surface level. You’re not afraid to think outside mainstream opinion and challenge the status quo.
- You have incredible attention to detail. You approach problems in a data-driven manner and you constantly have an eye open for where internal processes can be refined.
- You’re a tech-savvy digital-native. You enjoy trying out new apps and software before anyone else (and you maybe even want to build your own in the future!).
- You’re a collaborative team player who loves working with others and who excels at building genuine relationships with a wide range of people. We love those who have unique personalities with a high degree of self-awareness.
If you don’t align with all these requirements exactly but think you’d be a strong fit for the role, we’d still love to hear from you.
- Competitive salary + equity (carry) allocation
- Private Healthcare
- Access to the most powerful network in Europe
- Flexible working based in London
This role will be based in London with a flexible work policy during the week and the opportunity to work remotely for two months of the year. Unfortunately, we cannot provide sponsorship and so can only consider candidates who have the right to work in the UK.
If you prefer to open the form in a separate tab or window please click here – airtable.com/shrEvA2gBxLHKzOA4