Four times a year we host our Seedcamp Week, twice in London and twice in Berlin. The application process is competitive; throughout the year we receive 3000 applications from 70 countries. We invest in 25-30 startups per year, meaning only one percent of applications get investment. However, don’t let this put you off as during each Seedcamp Week we invite 20 startups from all over Europe to join us, receive invaluable business advice and mentorship from experts at the top of their industry.
The week’s schedule typically looks like this;
- Monday: Every journey has a first step. On Monday, startups are briefed on the week, get to know the other teams, and have some intense pre-event training through our Seedprep process with the Seecamp team.
- Tuesday: After an arduous Monday, the teams have a chance to meet and pitch to Seedcamp’s investors before speaking to larger audiences later in the week.
- Wednesday: a day filled with pitches and 40 minute mentoring sessions with some amazing product & experienced entrepreneur mentors
- Thursday: similar to Wednesday, but pitching and receiving mentoring from angel investors, VCs, and funds.
We are on the brink of holding our third Seedcamp Week for this year in London, and applications close this Sunday 17th August.
To give you a sense of the levels of talent, experience, and connections from the mentors that attend, we thought it might be useful to highlight a few of those who are confirmed to be joining us for Seedcamp Week London. We’re incredibly proud to work with all of our mentors so please bear in mind this is just the tip of the iceberg, and there are many, many more extremely skilled mentors not included in this list.
Wednesday 10th September
- Andy Budd, Managing Director, Clearleft
- Barry Smith, Co-Founder, Skyscanner
- Brent Hoberman, Co-Founder, PRO-Founders
- Collette Ballou, President, Ballou Public Relations
- Cristian Cussen, Head of Marketing, Google
- David Noel, Vice President Community, Soundcloud
- Gabbi Cahane, Managing Partner, Meanwhile
- Gearóid O’Rourke, Product Lead, Hassle.com
- Glyn Britton, Managing Partner, Albion
- Jennifer Langdon, VP Engineering, Skimlinks
- Konstantinos Papamiltiadis, Head of Product Partnerships EMEA, Facebook
- Liz Rice, Co-Founder, Tank Top TV
- Michelle You, Co-Founder & CPO, Songkick
- Nicola Riordan, CMO/Founder, Nua Marketing
- Rosemary Forsyth, Founder, Forsyth Group
- Shira Feuer, Head of Social EMEA, The Walt Disney Company
- Tom Allasaon, Founder, Shutl
- Tom Valentine, MD, Secret Escapes
- Turi Munthe, Co-Founder, Entrepreneur & Advisor
- Will Critchlow, Founder, Distilled
- Will Mills, VP of Music & Content, Shazam
Thursday 11th September
- Bindi Karia, Vice President, Silicon Valley Bank
- Brian Pietras, Head of Technology Ventures, Hays Recruitment
- Christian Hernendez, Managing Partner, White Star Capital
- Chrysanthos Chrysanthou, Vice President, Accel Partners
- Damien Lane, Partner, Episode 1 Ventures
- Daniel Bobroff, Investment Director, ASOS
- Daniel Waterhouse, Partner, Balderton Capital
- Eze Vidra, General Partner, Google Ventures
- Gill Dibner, Partner, DFJ Esprit
- Jeppe Zink, Partner, Northzone
- Julia Hawkins, Head of UK Investments, Universal Music
- Luke Smith, Investment Associate, Reed Elsevier Ventures
- Mike Martin, Investment Manager, BSkyB
- Peter Read, Angel Investor & Advisor
- Simon Murdoch, Partner, Episode 1 Ventures
- Sitar Teli, Partner, Connect Ventures
- Sofia Hmich, Associate, Index Ventures
- Tom Fleming, Partner, Venrex
- Todd Rumberger, Partner, Foley & Lardner LLP
- Vincent Jacobs, Associate, Kima Ventures
- Will Gibbs, Investment Manager, Octopus
- William McQuillan, Partner, Frontline Ventures
If you want the chance to be able to meet with these mentors and have them give you advice on your business there is still time to apply for Seedcamp Week London! You have until 11.59pm on Sunday 17th August!