In the ‘Seedcamp Podcast Series’ we talk with key people in the tech startup industry to hear their stories and gleam key advice and learnings from their experiences.
In this episode we were joined by Dan Appelquist, Startup Ambassador at The Open Data Institute. After discussing his background, Dan talks about Internet of Things, Privacy, and Open Data, giving insights in to how companies should explore data in a new way.
Daniel Appelquist works with the Open Data Institute startup program and the Open Data Incubator for Europe to build bridges with the startup and entrepreneurial community across Europe. Dan is a Mobile and Web industry veteran technologist who has been bringing innovative and disruptive services to market for two decades. He was an early Internet and Web pioneer, and has been a dot-com CTO and later a dot-com refugee. He helped to launch Vodafone Live! in the UK and has been instrumental in the development of industry standards initiatives and ventures such as dotMobi, the W3C Mobile Web Initiative, and device APIs such as the W3C Geolocation browser API. He has been a community instigator, founding MobileMonday London, as well as the Mobile 2.0 conference series in San Francisco and the Over the Air hack days in the UK. He worked as Open Web Advocate for Telefónica Digital and with Mozilla to bring FirefoxOS to market and build the ecosystem around HTML5.
If the above player doesn’t work for you, you can also listen directly from our Soundcloud page.
Listen to similar episodes like this:
- Catch up on episode 30 – Seedcamp Podcast Series: Ryan Holmes, Founder & CEO of Hootsuite
- Catch up on episode 33 – Seedcamp Podcast Series: Andy McLoughlin, from founder of Huddle to investor at SoftTech VC
- Catch up on episode 37 – Seedcamp Podcast Series: John Collison, Founder of Stripe
- Catch up on episode 43 – Seedcamp Podcast Series: Malcolm Bell on How to Growth Hack and Scale Your Business
- Catch up on episode 44 – Seedcamp Podcast Series: Bryce Keane on How to Build a Compelling Brand & Communications Strategy
Subscribe on iTunes or by pointing your podcast player to the link below…