This is a guest post written by Alex Covic for start·it, our Media Partner for Mini Seedcamp Belgrade on the 5th of April.
In case you’ve missed the news, the inaugural Mini Seedcamp Belgrade will take place at a very special venue – the Royal Palace, on April the 5th. The event will coincide with the biggest startup event of the season, the Startup Standup event which takes place day later, on the 6th.
Seedcamp is almost unanimously recognized as the most important seed fund in Europe, and event in Belgrade will be held in the revamped, “Mini Seedcamp” format, in partnership with SEE ICT and Startit.
Belgrade is the first stop in their 2013 European tour, and we are positive that Seedcamp’s visit will have a big impact and help to further ignite the Serbian startup community – which is definitely gathering momentum and picking up pace.
Startup Standup will also double as the Demo Day & Graduation event of the first class of Startup Academy – a majority of which have also been selected to pitch at the Mini Seedcamp. This is a unique opportunity for young entrepreneurs and founders from the locale (and a few other places, more on that below) to get some invaluable feedback from Seedcamp’s mentors and investors.
Hopefully, some of them will also get invited to the Seedcamp Week in Berlin, where they will get a shot at the big prize – the acceptance into Seedcamp’s prestigious programme, an an initial seed investment of up to 50.000€.
A total of nine startups will pitch at the event – seven from Serbia, and one each from Croatia and Romania.
- Cinematic (Croatia) — A mobile app that helps you find movies playing in cinemas, and some friends to share the fun with.
- DataMaid (Serbia, Startup Academy graduate) — A multimedia note taking/creating tool that aims to increase the productivity of journalists, bloggers and creatives.
- EarnCoupon (Serbia, Startup Academy graduate) — A word-of-mouth marketing and social media referral/recommendation platform, looking to change the way we thing about social media and online marketing.
- Gameleon (Romania) — “WordPress for games”, enabling people without technical skills to build their own games.
- Infora (Serbia) — Novi Sad-based startup, helping delivery companies to plan the most optimal delivery routes.
- PubSonic (Serbia, Startup Academy graduate) — makes searching for and finding bio-med related papers a breeze.
- TruckTrack (Serbia) — a fresh startup aiming to modernize trucking business. Founded by two members of the Startup Academy team.
- VetCloud (Serbia) — A cloud-based sollution for managing a veterinary business. Founded by our own Ivan Vesić, Startit editor, and funded by Eleven startup accelerator.
- Warrantly (Serbia, Startup Academy graduate) — Another Startup Academy graduate, working on changing the way we use and deal with warranties.
The first Mini Seedcamp in Serbia is organised in partnership with SEE ICT with the support of Crown Prince Alexander II Foundation for Education.
For fresh updates regarding SEE tech startups follow Start·it on Twitter.