Greetings from Berlin! It’s great to be back in this vibrant city hosting Seedcamp Week once again. We’ve hosted it here in Berlin every year since 2007 and we’re thrilled to be joined by 18 eager startups from 12 cities across the continent.
Introducing the teams
As usual, the standard of applications was of a very high quality and it wasn’t an easy task picking just a handful of the hundreds of applicants to Seedcamp Week Berlin. But we’re pleased to announce the following teams have joined us for the week.
- BLUE ANTIDOTE (Brussels, Belgium) – Helping empower sales representatives and key account managers with health economics reasoning.
- ByeBuy (Berlin, Germany) – The Netflix for ecommerce, offering pay-as-you go consumption of consumer electronics.
- Findify (Stockholm, Sweden) – An intelligent search solution for e-commerce using data science and machine learning to increase revenue.
- GhostMail (Gibraltar, Gibraltar) – A cyber security company specialised in secure and highly encrypted online communications.
- Intelliment Security (Seville, Spain) – Deriving SDN benefits to management of firewall security policies in physical and virtual networks.
- Intuitics (Sofia, Bulgaria) – A web platform that empowers data scientists to build interactive predictive applications for decision makers.
- Kasko Tech (Berlin, Germany) – The first end-to-end insurance backbone for bespoke insurance products at the point-of-demand.
- lifelife (Berlin, Germany) – The digital tenancy life cycle manager.
- Modescope (Verona, Italy) – Next generation fashion m-commerce to preview your outfits before buying.
- Oinky (London, UK) – An internet-enabled piggy bank that helps you build better savings habits.
- Opinion (Stockholm, Sweden) – The home for immersive spoken stories. Find, hear and record podcasts – from your phone.
- reinfer (London, UK) – An Artificial Intelligence powered API that provides structured human-like meaning of unstructured data.
- RepMate (London, UK) – An innovative solution that upgrades existing functional gym equipment to smart connected equipment, quickly with no set-up cost.
- Rialto (London, UK) – A platform for commercial real estate landlords to drive leasing activities and monitor real-time portfolio performance.
- TripleCheck (Darmstadt, Germany) – Focusing on open source licensing quality.
- Unloq (Cluj-Napoca, Romania) – Making strong security as it should be. Simple & free.
- Viceversa (Paris, France) – A crowdsourcing tool for brands to build better products.
- Wanna (Tel Aviv, Israel) – A platform that connects buyers and sellers within their local communities.
On Monday the teams went through Seedprep, where the founders presented their startup to the Seedcamp team and the rest of the founders for feedback. It’s an important day as on Tuesday they were pitching in front of a room full of Europe’s top Tier-1 investors.
Today they’ll meet with over 100 experienced Seedcamp mentors and receive valuable feedback on their startups; from team structure, to product, to business model, to branding and beyond. (Have a read of our day-by-day report of February’s Seedcamp Week London for a fuller account of what they’ll be up to.)
Seedcamp Week Berlin wouldn’t be what it is without the help of our amazing sponsors and partners, so we’d like to extend a special thank-you to Google For Entrepreneurs, Amazon Web Services, PayPal Developer, PWC, SendGrid, Capital Accelerator Programme, and the European Regional Development Fund, as well as hub:raum who have been hosting us throughout the week.
We’ll be announcing the teams selected to receive our investment and an invitation into the Seedcamp family soon, but until then…
If you’re a startup founder interested in applying to Seedcamp, applications for September’s Seedcamp Week London will be opening this summer. You can register to be notified when applications open here. Don’t forget to keep an eye on our Twitter or Facebook for the latest updates!